Purpose of YDHF Executive Committee
As a function of YDHF, an Executive Committee (EC) was formed to:
Provide direction, guidance and support for the Executive Officer (EO) to ensure that he or she is working toward the goals of the YDHF membership and is involved in appropriate activities to meet the needs of the Forum, including:
- work with the EO to develop goals and recommend the allocation of tasks
- ensure that all reporting requirements are met, especially to funding bodies
- provide an opportunity for the EO to discuss strategies or concerns
- ensure that the Executive Officer is not working in isolation
The EC members will, when available, and unless there is a conflict of interest:
- represent the YDHF in delegations to government and at other times as required
- regularly attend activities and functions of YDHF including Community Forums and YDHF Monthly Meetings
- respond to local issues in the media if required. If no EC member is available or lack the expertise on that issue they may nominate another person with the best expertise on the particular issue to speak. However that person will not speak on behalf of YDHF.
- as appropriate, non-EC YDHF participants may be co-opted from time to time to take up a position on the EC to fill a temporary vacancy .
In addition to the above matters outlined above, the EC will:
- encourage YDHF participants/members to contribute to discussions
- encourage the participation of YDHF members in decision making about the activities of YDHF
- encourage the establishment of subgroups to address specific interest areas/issues
- meet at short notice, if required, to address urgent local issues and respond appropriately.