Know anyone who would like to participate in a focus group around the experience of public drunkenness?
Clients or people you know who have experienced being drunk in public in Victoria, are aged 18+ and able to participate in a focus group on Monday 20th January at 1pm in Richmond, Victoria,are invited to take part in the study.
Telephone interviews are available for those who would like to share their experiences but can’t attend the focus group. The researchers would especially love to hear from people who’ve had experience with any of the following:
- Victoria’s public drunkenness laws (e.g. contact with police/the justice system, placed in custody, fined)
- Ambulance paramedics/emergency department as a result of being drunk in a public place
- Sobering up service/rest and recovery area associated with a public event
- Assisted/witnessed a family member or friend who was affected by public drinking laws
Each participant will be reimbursed with a $50 Coles Myer gift voucher for participating in the 1-hour focus group or telephone interview.
The aim of this research is to explore the experiences and needs of people affected by Victorian public drunkenness laws. This research may inform the development of options for a public health response to public drunkenness in Victoria.
Register your interest in participating here:
Contact Isabelle Volpe
- (03) 8413 8666 or
- email@example.com to find out more.
This research is being conducted by Monash University and is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
MUHREC Project ID: 22750