YDHF have made it a priority to proactively engage in work and discussions to address the stigma and discrimination experienced by people who use drugs.
The December forum of YDHF will look at the stigma and discrimination experienced by people who use drugs in accessing the health care that they need as a human rights issue.
Access to health care for people who use drugs – what I know about this issue, what I think is needed to fix it
- Uncle Bobby Aboriginal elder-
- Keynote address Associate Professor Kate Seear Principal Research Fellow in the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, an Australian Research Council Future Fellow (2021-) and a practising solicitor.
- Adam Wiilson Drug Outreach Lawyer Fitzroy Legal service:
- Tricia Szirom: CEO VIMIAC
- Richard di Natale – Public Health expert cohealth –
- Mukhtar Mohammed Islamic Council of Victoria –