Pros, Pitfalls, Evidence and Alternatives
An opportunity for the community to hear from health expert Dr Rob Moodie about evidence-based health approaches to issues associated with the public consumption of alcohol, and some key stakeholders in the City of Yarra about pros, pitfalls, and alternatives.
- Evidence based health approaches to public drinking
- Professor Rob Moodie, Deputy Director Faculty of Health University of Melbourne
- Pros, pitfalls and alternatives
- Victoria Police Inspector – Jim Lappin
- Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service (VALS) – George Selvanera, Acting CEO
- Fitzroy Legal Service – Meg Pearce
There will be time for questions and answers.
The City of Yarra’s law on drinking alcohol in public places will expire in October this year, and Yarra City Council are considering options for replacing it.
Feedback is being called for now, until 19 August, on a new draft law https://yoursayyarra.com.au/drinkingpublic
Broad community participation in the process is encouraged.